Turns out, I've fractured my sesamoid bone. What the heck is a sesamoid bone? How did I do it? Why did I do it? I don't know the answers to the last two questions, I don't think it was on purpose though.
These are sesamoid bones:
This is my foot:
Doc said I fractured it vertically... like from the direction of ankle to toe, not left of foot to right of foot (that's how "MOST" people fracture that bone). I'm special. I can't even brake a bone the "right" way. I always knew I was a little bit abnormal.
So the Doc also said wear some orthodics, stay off it, ice it (burr! I hate cold feet!), and NEVER GO BAREFOOT! (Sadface! I LOVE going barefoot! I'm a freakin' Hawaiian! Who needs shoes?) Me, apparently. All the time. Even at home.
So I bought these crocs:
Not totally horrid. I'll wear them to church too. Even if they do have white stripies... ah well, the price I pay for high heels. Do I need another pair? Maybe. Perhaps. Who knows. Belk didn't have any, so I went to Dick's Sporting Goods instead. The above Crocs were only like $20 and pennies, really not a bad deal. They're fairly comfy too.
My co-worker big Wade also gave me some Coral Calcium, Magnesium, and Vitamin D vitamins to take. 3x's a day with food. (Someone help remind me please?)
There's a YSA NYE Dance. I won't be going. I'm going to Sarah's house instead. She's a killer co-worker of mine who throws the best parties. I'm excited. I'm also taking a friend. Should be a fabulous time. It's formal, I hope crocs are formal enough!
I also got a new niece on Monday. Lennon Mae. Lookit this face and tell me she's not the cutest! (If you do tell me though, I might have to punch your face in, cause she's too freaking cute for words! I wish I could be there to spoil her! Instead, I'm going to start working on a quilt of some sort for her. :)

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas too!
2 comments:
No bare feet?!?!! Yikes! Hope the foot starts healing. At least now you have an excuse to stay off your feet and make a quilt for that adorable new niece. :)
Mimicry is the highest form of flattery! The good news? My boot is officially off. I wore matching shoes for the first time in six weeks. You can borrow my boot if you want. . . good luck hobbling around!
Post a Comment