Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I like singin'

I joined the institute choir maybe a year ago... it's under new direction now, I think... I'm not sure... I haven't been in like 6 weeks... I might be an institute choir drop-out.

But I wanna sing Christmas songs... And singing in Nashville, isn't like singing everywhere else. Mostly because everywhere else, I have a great voice. I have an amazing voice. Alto, Soprano, I can do that. No problem.

Put me in Nashville though, where everyone is TRYING SO HARD to bust themselves into the "Music Business" and my awesome voice kind of fades to the background. I'm not as loud as "them", I don't have same big lungs as "they" do. I'm just a little girl with asthma who likes to sing. I sing for stress-relief in my car ALL THE TIME! Sometimes I'll sing walkin' down the street, and then hush up if I'm passing a stranger. Really? A stranger? Why do I care if a stranger hears me sing?

Actually I'm mortified, terrified, stupefied by this. I can not sing in public alone. Not even in a duet. Trio or more please! I can't just put myself "out there" like that. I don't know what I'm scared of either. Being judged? laughed at? ridiculed? I'm not sure.

But I'm just not feeling like singing at institute anymore. *sigh*

There's a fireside January 31st, and I don't want to sing in it. Is that so totally wrong? Does that make me a bad person? It's on a Monday, and I'd rather be at FHE with A&A's fam.

Plus, for that fireside, they're singing other songs... I wanna sing Christmas songs right now. Please tell me I'm not horrible for not wanting to sing with "them". Ugh.

1 comment:

Linsey said...

If you don't want to, don't. I'm finally at the point in my life where I'm doing worrying about what anyone else thinks. I figure I already am hard enough on myself, I don't need any outside help.

That said, you do have a lovely voice, and don't let anyone or anything convince you otherwise. Pretend you're in Little Rock instead and belt it out girl!