Thursday, November 15, 2012

My little piece of heaven

I think this post is quite a while overdue... but that's probably because I'm still reflecting on my recent experiences of going through the temple, making further covenants with my Savior Jesus Christ, and making plans to go back as often as I can.

Sometime in late July 2009, my family and I were all in Utah, we had the opportunity to attend an Open House for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, located in West Jordan, Utah. There was quite the wait, and tents, and all kinds of things set up for it. We even had juice and cookies afterward. Super fun. But inside, inside was something else. The chandeliers are stunning, literally, they took my breath away 3 years ago, and they did it again in October. I'm so glad I went through there. I'd seen it all before on the inside, but it's dramatically different after the open house hoopla goes away, and a the sacred dedication to the Lord takes place. Isn't the chandelier amazing? And of course, there's symbolism in the star shape.



6 weeks ago, my dad told me that 3 years ago, he was going to come and get me, while I was sitting in the Celestial room, but he got a distinct feeling to just "let her be" so he did. He didn't tell me this 3 years ago, of course, but apparently, this event was taking root in 2009. Who knew? (Oh wait, I already know the answer to that question!) I'm thankful he let me sit. I had to soak it all in, I had to believe in the possibility that I belong there. I had to feel my Savior's love, know that I have a part in His plan, and even actually picture myself coming back to that beautiful room again. I did, and I did, and I hope to time and time again.

In Hebrews 13:8 it reads "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." So, I knew it didn't matter where I picked to go through the temple for the first time, I saw an opportunity to have almost all of my family there, so I went for it. I also knew my best friend would be there, and having Leah, and Adoni there was simply the icing on the cake! As I walked into the room, with my family & friends waiting for me, I'm fairly certain I had tears welling up in my eyes, and as I went around hugging people, (I'm such a hugger), A few tears fell, silently... until I hugged my sister in law, Crystal... As she hugged me, she whispered in my ear a simple "Welcome home!" And I lost it. Gone were the "pretty cry" tears... replacing them were hyperventilating, noisy, and REALLY loud gasps and tears of JOY! I'd never felt so loved, beautiful, or safe in my entire life. I knew that's where I needed to be, and I continue to feel that way.  Tomorrow makes it 6 weeks from the day I went through and I'm happy to say I think I've lost track of how many times I've been through, twice this week already, 3 times last week... I think it's like 10 total? I'm completely addicted to feeling that way, feeling so loved, so pure, and so... so much that I just belong!

One could say (and have) that I'm addicted to going to the temple now. I'm quite pleased to say that I finally have a healthy addiction! No one will get hurt from it, and I don't think it's possible to overdose! It's fantastic! Once I feel more comfortable with the details (I'm more than comfortable with the big picture of things there) I might sign up to work there (unpaid of course, all positions in our church are unpaid.) So I can see others feel this way too. We shall see....

For now, I'll keep going when I feel the need to go, if I miss it, I'll go, simple as that. Now that I'm able to go, as often as I want, there's no doubt in my mind that I'll keep myself going, and able to go. I don't even want to imagine my life without that ability right now! There were only 5 of us that went to Ward Temple Night last night, hopefully it's not always so sparse... Our 2nd counselor buys us dinner prior to ward temple night, I'd think that would be a major draw for some... Apparently not though. Maybe it's just scheduling. :-)



Me and my BFF. He was cold. I still felt all warm inside. ;-)

Anyway, hopefully it wasn't an over-share, but I felt the need to share my feelings towards the temple and this Church.

1 comment:

The Muaina's said...

Only reading this now! Awesome awesome awesome! You truly are an inspiration to me!! Sooooo proud of you and happy for you! Thank you for sharing this.