Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Overwhelmed, Anxious, and Courageous

That about sums up what I'm feeling lately...

I received the last needed signature on my Temple Recommend on Sunday. I spoke with our Stake President on Sunday, and cried, I probably used like 4 of his tissues, and by the end of it, I just had so much love for him. I can tell he was called of God to be our Stake President. My good friend Paige (who just got married) is one of his daughters, and I can tell now why she's so cool. He was sweet, funny, and sympathetic to what I told him, and all I'd gone through... It was an amazing experience, and I'm almost sad that I don't have to go back for 2 years... haha... Anyway... I'm hoping to never let this recommend expire. It's something I'll hold precious, because for some dumb reason, I never thought I'd get one. But, it's true, even the worst of sinners can be forgiven if they repent and turn their lives to God. I'm hoping to do just that. :)



So that's where the overwhelmed part comes from. I've gotten texts, likes, hugs, and so much love from everyone I know, I'm too excited, happy, and just plain giddy over this! So of course that makes me anxious. I'm also anxious for other reasons, but I'm not sure they belong on a blog... especially when I don't know the outcome... so you'll have to wait for that one... I was going to post it here, but then I realized this is public, and the news needs not to be. :) Feel free to email me about that one... or just wait.

I also wanted to update the weight loss trackers... I'm down 20 lbs now and the confidence is starting to come back. I'm liking that my jeans can go back to being fat jeans. ;) And then I'll need to buy new jeans, cause I don't have any smaller than a 14... Which is not bad news!

I'm going to kick the exercise up a notch... hopefully, because my sesamoid seems to be flaring up again... so we'll see if I'm able to walk on it w/ Daisy pulling me... and heaven knows she likes to run... Maybe I'll get my bike tire pumped up and teach her to run alongside me? She might really like that... except my neighborhood is super hilly. Ah well. I'll figure something out... I just hope it's not surgical. :-(

Anyway... all in all, I'm facing this future of mine with hope and courage. With everything I've been through I can see how the Lord has blessed me through this life, and I know He will continue to do so, and I'll be more and more refined to become what He wants me to be, for the purposes He wants for me. I'm excited!

4 comments:

: ) Paula said...

One month! See you soon, sis! <3

(And yay about 20 lbs!)

Mibi and Lee said...

Dont be anxious about the temple...it really is very simple and someone will be with you every step of the way:) As for the other reason of being anxious...do tell! You know my email! Im so happy for your journey so far and know that your life ahead will be even more blessed by taking this step. Love you!

Wendy said...

Yippee!!!!!

Steph Glazier-Collao said...

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations on all accounts! Mibi is right. It's a blessing that we can go back over and over again to the Temple to understand more and to serve more and to take advantage of the Spirit there. It's wonderful!