Sunday, January 1, 2012

The "eyes" have it!

Pre-Post-Warning! (Does that even make sense? Like blog post... not post as in "after"... Oh well!) There's a REALLY HUGE picture of one of my eyes at the bottom of this post, it's in HD! There, you've been warned. :-)

Okay, so I know I promised I wouldn't post about my personal life... but I'm giving online dating a try. It's interesting to say the least... but nearly every time a new guy shows interest at all, it's a comment about my "beautiful eyes" or "great smile" two things I never was very confident about in the "looks" department. I've always had a crookedy smile, and my eyes aren't a gorgeous blue like my brother David's or Paula's or Andrew's... and my brother Stephen has these greenish, hazelish, steely greyish eyes that sometimes have an orange halo around the iris... They're freaking amazing! I kind of always thought that Jamie and I got jipped in the "eye" department... because brown was boring... but it's not boring... Jamie and I have beautiful eyes! I'm accepting this as fact. Sad that it takes a handful of strangers telling me "you've got gorgeous eyes" for me to actually start believing it.

I mean look at this picture of Miss Gracie and I... We practically have the exact same eye color, yet, I have ALWAYS thought hers were so so so beautiful! Hello Auntie M! You have the same beautiful eyes! *sigh*


And this most recent self-portrait I took with my iPhone... it's probably the best picture of me I've ever seen. It's not edited or photoshopped in any way, and you know what... it's all because of the mystery in my eyes!



All I can say, is that I'm a brown eyed girl... and proud. FINALLY.



One of my eyes even has a really cool freckle in it... And up close (caution, pic below gets HUGE when you clicky... HUGE! I borrowed an HD camera once and experimented... Kinda fun, kinda freaky!) it looks like there's specks of orange in it! I LOVE my eyes now!



So now, maybe like the song says... I've just got to meet that man who has the same freckle in his left eye (mine is in my right)... Or maybe if he has a crooked smile, I'll be fine with that... ;-) 

But anyway... I don't know why it took me 33 years to FINALLY get over my childhood of hating myself, or not being proud of what I've been given... but I love me, I don't care what anyone else thinks or says, and I'm ready for what's next! Bring it 2012!

2 comments:

: ) Paula said...

Ha!

No, I mean it.

Ha!

The grass is always greener! Or bluer. Or hazelier.

I covet RO's beautiful brown eyes like I used to covet your eyes growing up. (I married blue eyes, so biologically speaking, our kids can ONLY have blue eyes. Lame.)

And I agree. A very cool pic of your eyes.

Anonymous said...

You have fabulous brown eyes! I always wanted to marry a pair of brown eyes (done) and have a girl with brown hair/brown eyes (done). Love the brown. Maybe don't call them brown. You have chocolate eyes :) Nice!