Heck if I know... It seems like I *JUST* moved here, but on Friday, it will have been 2 months. Tomorrow marks my one month at work... Shocking, right? I know!
So what all have I done? Not a whole lot! My trailer is still as full as ever, I haven't really moved in, and I haven't finished my "unemployment project" of sanding and re-staining my dresser. I did that for a whole... 3 days? And then my lungs decided they wanted a dust mask (what? a dust mask? silly little girl asthma lungs! I'm not smart enough to use a dust mask!) HA! so then I started coughing... And I was coughing for about a month. My benefits at work kicked in on the 1st of September, and by that time, I had pretty much stopped coughing (YAY!) But it was pretty awful for a while there... Even ask Anne!
I had the lovely opportunity to go up to the San Francisco area to visit some friends, and I'm so glad I did! Heather, Anne, and ALMOST Neil! (Next time for sure Neil!) It was so good to see them again. 10.5 years ago, when I met Heather, we clicked immediately, and seeing her last month was pretty much the same thing! We clicked and talked and talked. I wanted to sleep over, but I didn't have my stuff with me. (I really should have brought it with me...) But we had a lot of fun. We went to Santa Cruz, got some cookies, and walked ALL along the boardwalk! Super fun day. And The next day, I walked across the Golden Gate Bridge (which STILL seems surreal to me... I mean come on... My favorite band Third Eye Blind is from San Fran. it was so amazing to just breathe in the air there! Anne and Neil, you're lucky to be able to actually live there! It's pretty, and I totally get the draw of the city by the bay! Super fun last-minute-vacation. I highly recommend it. The 8 hour drive wasn't the most fun, but I still enjoyed myself. :) I love road-trips. I hate 15 MPG.
We got a couple of girls to take this picture for us. My camera decided to go all Sepia on me... Ah well, we're still cute.
Anne took this picture, and I kinda love it. :)
Anyway, I've learned a LOT in the month that I've been here... This position might be a little under my skill set, but it's shockingly the most I've ever been paid... and I'm not super stressed when I get home, so that's not too bad either. My commute is 8 miles (pretty harsh stop-and-go city-driving though so the MPG's falls again...) so it's not horrible... And I don't get paid again till Friday, and I still have money in my bank account. So I can't really complain about that! It's interesting work that I'm doing. If anyone wants information about what I'm doing, feel free to email me. I don't really want my employment information plastered all over facebook or my blog. I don't want to have a compliance issue, or a conflict of interest in any way. I'm working at a biotech company in Carlsbad though, and I really love it. It's so strange to be working right across the street from where Isis (where I used to work) was. (They've very recently moved down the road... Which is totally fine with me!)
I haven't been to the beach as often as I'd like to, but I'm still considered "poor", and I'm not exactly in shape enough to walk or ride my crappy bike (I should probably get it tuned up) to the beach just yet... But I'll get there. I'll make it a point to go more often! At least to Huntington Beach more often! It helps when you have really good friends that live a block from the water.
Anyway... That's my little update. If anyone has food recommendations, please let me know. :) Or a weekly food guide? One that DOESN'T contain fish!? (I'm allergic to shellfish, and I won't eat seafood. Yes, I know I'm picky... I've dealt with it. It's your turn to accept and move along!) hehe!
Alohas!


No comments:
Post a Comment