Yes. minutes (I've set a 10am deadline for myself, otherwise I'd probably never do it) I'm handing in my resignation letter. It looks like this:
"June 17, 2011
My time here at the (company name) has been a very rewarding period of my career, and I regret having to make a difficult announcement. After much deliberation, I have decided to relocate to Southern California. My last day at (company name) will be July 1, 2011.
Thank you for the opportunity to working here for the past three years. It has been an invaluable part of my career, and I appreciate all I have learned in this time.
(Company name) is a company I'll be sad to leave. I will definitely miss the people and the working environment.
If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know.
Sincerely,
Maren M. Smith"
Left out the company name, cause they have Google keywords searches coming back on it... And I don't need that. I've learned not to blog about the workplace.
I have learned a lot here, and I will miss the people. There are some goodies that work here. I'm already contemplating a trip back to visit sometime. :) I mean really, I have family here, I can't NOT visit, right? Plus, family is who you make it, and I've got extended family here as well.
I'm going to miss Nashville. But I'm moving to California. 2 weeks is all I have left. I am going to spend the 4th here though, they need to send me out with a bang. ;)
Then I'm driving to Omaha.
Why Omaha? Because I'm a silly girl. One of my favorite bands is from Omaha, and I follow the lead singer, the bassist, and the general band name on twitter. So, I figure, it's kind of on the way... Why not stop in Omaha! So on Tuesday, I tweeted all three of them this:

And to my elation AND surprise... The bassist replied with this!

So of COURSE I have to go to Drastic Plastic in Omaha! It's a super cool record store that sells a bunch of t-shirts etc... So of COURSE I'll have to get one, and OF COURSE I'll have to wear it to the concert on August 19th, which I already have tickets to in San Diego. (Of course!)
I'm so excited!
I also have found a place to live... so I'm not totally freaking out about THAT anymore. It's in Encinitas, which I LOVE. 2 miles from the beach. HUGE Fenced in back yard for Miss Daisy to run around in (poor pup, she has no idea how "ruff" the next month is going to be. hehe!) and the roommate situation seems very ideal. I mean really, just look at the back porch!
And it's in Encinitas... which I LOVE! The house is 2 miles from the beach. AND a block or two from Trader Joe's! Who hates me now? Uh huh... I kinda hate me cause I'm not THERE yet! I can't wait! I think Chandler from Friends said it best:
HAHAHA That is probably my most favorite sound clip ever... BUT It's so true!
I'm all ready to go!

I'll leave on the 5th, drive to Omaha and visit Drastic Plastic, spend the night in a dog-friendly motel, and start driving to Colorado. I'm stopping by my old co-worker's house for the night of the 6th... We worked together at Isis like a decade ago (crazy!) But we've kept in touch all these years, and she's sent me Christmas cards every year, and she's SUPER pet-friendly and can't wait to meet Daisy! THEN depending on what her 7th looks like, I might spend the day there, but if not, I'll keep on driving to Utah, and arrive before the weekend! So in 3 weeks, I'll be in Utah! We're headed to Yellowstone the 12th or so, hopefully visiting my Uncle Dale along the way (either to or from) in Pocatello! I wish I was driving my own car so I could swing by and visit Lisha (old roommate from BYUH) and Michelle (old friend from the singles ward in Carlsbad 8 years ago)...(who, I think are both in Idaho Falls?)... Hmmmm maybe I can, and maybe I can work this out... The only thing is that there's not a whole lot of parking available at Yellowstone, and with 15mpg, I should probably ride with my bro & Crystal and Gracie. (How could I pass up riding with that adorable family!? That's what I'm screamin!)
SooOoOoOooOoooo It's going to be a fun couple of weeks here! AND THEN I get to find a job in Cali fitting of my expertise!
Wish me luck! :)
4 comments:
that looks like a very nice backyard! daisy will love it.
i hope we get to see you while you are in utard.
drive safe!
I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you!!! I cant wait to hear all about your adventures there;) And your house does look super cute! And how cool that the drummer replied back???
It is hard to make big changes but sounds like you have some adventures coming. Good luck!
Wow,wow,wow! You are always so adventurous. Can't wait to hear what happens in Cali. Good luck!
Post a Comment