"In loneliness, in sickness, in confusion-the mere knowledge of friendship makes it possible to endure, even if the friend is powerless to help. It is enough that they exist. Friendship is not diminished by distance or time, by imprisonment or war, by suffering or silence. It is in these things that it roots most deeply. It is from these things that it flowers."
-Pam Brown
I have some amazing friends.
Truly amazing. Three in particular I'd like to plug here today... Very different reasons too, but still, a plug is a plug, right?
First of all, when I moved to Hawaii in 1984, I was 5, and didn't have any friends, nor did I really know how to make friends. I didn't have to look very far for a really amazing friend though. She lived next door to me. Mickell Evans. We had a LOT of fun at the town houses in Laie. But now she needs our help. She has a grade 2 oligodendroglioma brain tumor. She needs MRI's every 6 months, because it will start growing again, and the co-pay is astronomical.
They're selling cookbooks to benefit my friend, and I'd like to ask you all to purchase one. I don't do this often at all, but read her story here, and buy a cook book. http://mickellsstrength.blogspot.com
And I know it's really not on the same level, but I love my friends, and I already warned that this post is a shameless plug post... Another one of my dear friends from Hawaii started a business, and I think it's fabulous!
She makes these adorable headbands with flowers on them, and they're completely awesome! If you've got a baby girl in your life, she NEEDS one of these! They're so hip, so now! If you tell her that Maren/Shelley sent you, she'll refund your shipping charges! She's having a $5.00 sale right now. Pretty incredible!
Here's her Etsy storefront: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ManaiaBabyDesigns
And here's her facebook fan page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manaia-Baby-Designs/213479252004042
A little later on, I was lucky enough to have some awesome roommates in college. One in particular has become a rock star of a knitter! She has an Etsy storefront too! http://www.etsy.com/shop/JamiesKnits How cute are those hats? My favorite is the Chocolate-Vanilla Striped Crochet Hat with Flower and Picot Edging! How cute is that!?
Anyway, I have some amazing friends. And I've made some amazing friends in Nashville too. I know I'll miss them, but I'm really excited for what is next!
Please check out my friends' talents, and buy a cook book! It's only $12.00!
Love y'all! :-)
2 comments:
Wow you are an amazing friend! Thanks for the plug! That's really sad about your friend Mickell. Hugs.
YOU are the amazing friend! I wish you were back in Hawaii!
Love you!
Thanks so much for the plug!
Post a Comment