Friday, April 29, 2011

Not a fan

Back when I was first getting into facebook, they used to have the option to "Become a Fan" of something. I liked it. I like it more than I "Like" things now... So now I actually say "I'm a fan" or not... when appropriate.

I'm not a fan of a lot of things this week...

For example:
My persistent cough. It's in my lungs, and I kinda hate it. I went to the Dr. Monday, and I got a z-pack (Azithromycin) and she said my lungs didn't sound like bronchitis or pneumonia, so that's good. I'm not a fan.

I'm also not a fan of the hardest thing I've ever had to do (April 11th, I posted that on facebook), come back with such horrible results. I asked for a raise, detailing the amazing things I've done at work over the past 9 months, and how I deserve a raise. I'm not making enough money, according to the market in Nashville, and I have proven myself with a great evaluation from my boss (who is great, btw) and the results that came back (a week and a half later) were not good. I got a raise, but it is still less than half the the bare minimum I was expecting. So, yay for a raise, but boo, it's not even large enough to cover my cell phone bill. lol So, it's basically a joke, and kind of the nail in the coffin. Not a fan.

Buckle up, this last one is a crazy doozie. Emphasis on the CRAZY!

I'm not a fan of my crazy roommate/landlord. I got evicted Monday night. I've got (now) 28 days to get out. She constantly leaves for the weekend, if she doesn't have her kids, she's definitely NOT at home. She's had about 5 boyfriends since I moved in, and she's with one of them every other weekend... and they're oddly never in Nashville. No idea why she has to go to Memphis or Bowling Green to find men... ANYWAY, this last weekend, she was away for 2 days, and basically told me I was watching her dog and cat... I didn't ever once say "yes, okay, sure, I will". I didn't say no either... I'd rather get taken advantage of (that last sentence was laced with sarcasm, could you feel it?)

Anyway I start getting sick with this persistent cough again on Thursday, Friday was worse, but it was Good Friday so the Dr. was closed. I also got my little Daisy dog spayed on Friday, so I dropped her off, watched some tv, picked her up, and cared after her all weekend. This is how Krissy asks me to be an unpaid pet-sitter:

4/22/11 (The night of Daisy's spaying)
Krissy: How's sweetie? I'm goin ta mem tonite ta c friend matt. Cld ya pls let linc in? He's been fed. Thank u much! 3:53 PM
Krissy: I'll be home tomo noonish. Kids back tomo nite @ 7pm returning to dad's 3pm Sun. 3:54 PM
Me: She's resting. Sooo out of it! 3:56 PM
Krissy: Did u let Linc in 8:59 PM
Krissy: I'll be stayin tomo nite. U mind feedin the animals tomo aft? Ty!!!!! 11:36 PM

I didn't answer...

She texts me the next day (Again, I apologize for her broken Textglish... it's horrible, and I'm sorry...)
4/24/11
Krissy: I'll be home late tanite but if u can feed the animalz wld be great!!! :) How's puppy & mama! 11:28 AM
Me: She's okay... Kinda dehydrated. I'm trying to keep her comfortable. I don't wanna leave her for church tomorrow :( 11:33 AM
Krissy: Aww make sure she drinks they'll put her on IVs!!!!!!!!! 11:33 AM
Me: I am. :) 11:38 AM
Krissy: Ok cool good mama lol 11:38 AM
Krissy: Omg only in memphis do you see a police officer on a bicycle at a walmart 12:59 PM
Krissy: Gettin on the road in mem.. 8:27 PM
Me: Drive safe! 8:28 PM
Krissy: Will do ty :) 8:29 PM
Krissy: Maren did u 4get abt the animals? Linc didn't even have a water bowl. He was panting :( He is 10. If u objected to feeding my animals, i wldve kenneled them. 12:27 AM
Krissy: Poor thing has white whiskers lol 12:32 AM

He didn't have a water bowl, cause she didn't leave him one... She left his food over-flowing though! Poor fat Beagle...

So this is the text conversation we had on Monday...
4/25/11
Krissy: i hate to ask u this but ac lady comin today, big repair cost ..do u happ 2 have the rent money a few days early? I will take off 25 bux 6:50 AM
56 more messages
Me: I'll see what I can do. Going to the Dr today, I've been up all night coughing. 6:52 AM
Krissy: I heard u .. Do u want some Robitussin? 6:53 AM
Krissy: Can u write the check for 5 and I will give u cash or if u only have half I will take it.. Beggars can't be choosers!! Lol I'm leavin @ 740 6:54 AM
Me: Naw, I'll see what the Dr says first. 6:55 AM
Krissy: I mean I didn't hear u this am. I hope it wasn't too cold. Probly all the pollen 6:56 AM
Me: Can I write it for $475? 7:01 AM
Krissy: Reason for the the 500 check is the mortgage is watchin my account 7:01 AM
Krissy: Can I bring u cash tonite or write u a check 7:01 AM
Krissy: Fake leases, fake checks lol!!! 7:02 AM
Me: I need 30 for my copay plus drugs. Ugh 7:03 AM
Krissy: I can run & get u 25 bux 7:04 AM
Krissy: Or write u a check & u can cash it 7:05 AM
Me: That works. 7:05 AM
Krissy: Run & get cash? 7:05 AM
Me: Yeah. I'm not going near my bank today. 7:07 AM
Krissy: Ok. No prob 7:08 AM
Krissy: Do u have change for a 20 7:19 AM
Krissy: Or 15? 7:20 AM
Me: Shockingly I do. 3 $5's 7:20 AM
Krissy: Lol 7:20 AM
Krissy: Ty! Pls leave top lock unlocked 4 AC ppl thanks 7:45 AM
Krissy: What'd ur doc say?? 12:47 PM
Me: Said "ok, great, your apt is at 2:20." lol 12:50 PM
Krissy: Oh ok haha! 12:51 PM
Krissy: Gettin a free professional photo shoot Sun w the kids thru smbody who works here!!! 1:48 PM
Krissy: At Cheekwood Gardens :) 1:50 PM
Me: Doc gave me a z-pack, she's not worried about anything more than that. Cool about your photoshoot. Nice! 5:03 PM
Krissy: Cool im glad that's all 5:36 PM
Krissy: Linc threw up n the garage so dehydrated :'( 5:37 PM
Krissy: :( 5:39 PM
Krissy: I guess over the wknd 5:44 PM
Krissy: What happ? 5:44 PM
Me: Look, you're not going to guilt trip me here, I had a crappy weekend with my being sick and Daisy getting fixed, maybe next time you should kennel them. I haven't asked for pet sitting fees, but I really don't need the guilt trip after the weekend from hell I just had. sorry. 5:51 PM
Krissy: Whoa! Look here! U could have killed my dog! 5:52 PM
Krissy: U were there! 5:52 PM
Krissy: U should have said a simple NO 5:52 PM
Krissy: That's all it would have taken. No guilt trips 5:53 PM
Me: Maybe I should just move out. 5:53 PM
Krissy: As far as I'm concerned u can go 5:53 PM
Krissy: I'm pissed 5:54 PM
Krissy: Ur checks cashed 5:54 PM
Krissy: Go 5:54 PM
Krissy: 30 days starts now 5:55 PM
Me: You owe me $475 and I'll be gone by the end of the week. 5:55 PM
Krissy: Nope. 5:57 PM
Krissy: 30 day law 5:57 PM
Krissy: Take it to any court 5:57 PM
Krissy: Stop texting me. Harassment 5:58 PM
Krissy: It will be a cordial 30 days. Will make no mention of this past wknd. Subj dropped. Ur free to leave of course. 6:03 PM
Krissy: Free to text me of course 6:03 PM
Krissy: I was angry. I apologize. He was very sick. I still want u2 move. 6:04 PM
Krissy: So I take ur movin out this week tho u paid rent for a month? 11:02 PM
Me: no 11:04 PM
Krissy: So u will be here for the next month? 11:05 PM
Me: Unless you'd like to give me my rent back, I'll be staying. Thought we agreed on that earlier. 11:06 PM
Krissy: Oh no that's fine w me. I just saw the truck in the driveway. 11:07 PM
Me: I found a good deal, couldn't pass it up, I need it to move to Cali anyway since I didn't get my raise. 11:10 PM
Krissy: Didn't get a raise? Oh a good deal on a truck.. I c 11:12 PM

So, not only am I out May's rent, but I have to stay here for another month... UGH...

Is it just me? or is she totally freaking crazy? She txts all the time, although MUCH much less since Monday (thank heaven). And I'm just DONE with her.

As for her dog... well... He really is kind of neglected. I have no idea when the last time that dog was tick-checked, given heartworm, or a bath... He is kept in the garage, surrounded by his own feces, I'll spare you the vivid details by not posting them here... I WILL take pictures though... And send them to the ASPCA when I move... And she has no idea where I am. I hope her dog lives another 3 weeks...

Meanwhile, I'm packing! :)

And I bought this:


How cute is it? Here's some more details. It's a 2008 Trailer, and I got it for $1150 delivered. I might be able to rent it out on the weekends too and make some money back! Sweetness! So that is something I actually am a fan of this week.

AND My amazing brother is helping me install my hitch in about a n hour! YAY! I have the best family ever! :)

So, things are looking up, I think! :) Just two more months of this! I CAN DO IT!

2 comments:

Katri said...

yeah, that landlady is a bit crazy. I was annoyed just reading the texts--glad I don't have to deal with them/her daily. Good luck with the move! Sorry about everything else!

: ) Paula said...

Proof that texting is of the DEVIL.