Thursday, June 21, 2012

Time flies when you're having fun, I guess!

Haha, March 19th was the last time I posted... This blog is beginning to look a lot like my old journals... My new journal is looking much better... I've been looking much better too. I feel like a huge weight has lifted.

Back in February, a "friend" deleted me as his friend, and only last week blocked me... It's been SUCH a breath of fresh air to NOT have his negativity permeating my life anymore. It's such a relief when you can let go of your past to embrace the future.

And I meant it when I said time flies when you're having fun. I am in LOVE with my life right now. I love California, I have a handful, armful, and wardful of people that I love and care about. Some closer than others, of course, but the only difference between the close ones is time. And like Josh Turner said (yes, I like his song) Time is Love. I saw him live in Nashville a month and a half ago... Crazy how I've been to Nashville and back already. I was looking forward to that trip for a LONG time. So glad it's over though, and my sinuses are back on track. Nashville and my body just do NOT agree. I'm kind of shocked that I was able to live there as long as I did. You'd think the constant sinus infections would have spurred some sort of departure from me long before the 3 years I spent there were up.

BUT I absolutely love California. San Diego is SOOOO my town. I love my friends, I love the house I'm in, I don't love the cost of living, but heck, I'm 3 miles from the beach, AND I've walked to church once (it was up hill and just over a half mile, but in a pinch, I could do it and touch-up makeup in the bathroom if I needed to!) I feel like everything in my life is falling into place, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

In fact, one of my best friends is getting married in December, and I'm going to try to join her in the SD Temple for it... Which means a LOT of preparation before then, but I've been for baptisms 3 times (after today... I get to go in less than 2 hours!) with a limited use recommend, so why not go through for myself and receive more blessings? God is waiting to pour them out... I always picture that literally for some reason, like he has this pitcher, and he's pouring them out from heaven... :) I like it.

AND I also realize that this post is very random, but it's just a slice of my thinking right now, so that, coupled with apologies that it's been over 3 months... well... oops!

I've been super busy since March, I guess. I finally switched my shifts 5 weeks ago to a 5:30am-2:30pm shift, and I LOVE it. I don't love waking up at 4:30, because I've always been a night owl... and something in me thinks that habit can continue? I've yet to tell myself that is not so. I need to start being in BED by 10pm, so I can just fall asleep. The average human falls asleep in 7 minutes... Me? More like an hour... almost every time. I should probably take some Melatonin at 9pm to help prep me to get the right amount of rest... which probably still isn't enough, but I find that afternoon naps are amazing, and I love them. BUT that kind of blows the rest of my day out of the water.

What I need is a schedule. Solid. Firm... AND I need the motivation to stick to it. I have been contemplating a gym membership for 10 months now, and it's getting to the point where I can no longer use my broken sesamoid as an excuse for not exercising anymore. Sometimes I come home and I take Miss Daisy for a walk... or rather, she takes me... That dog is so dang strong! AND She has to sniff EVERYTHING she sees. Kind of annoying, and it leaves me with a sore arm and shoulder (which doesn't bode well for the left shoulder that I injured in 2000 because of some black ice...) but when ever she sees me grab my tennis shoes, she starts freaking out. She whimpers, cries, and wags her tail SO FAST. Usually that's all the motivation I need to actually get out there and take her for a walk. There's some good walking streets around my house (I've been there 11 months now, crazy right?) and I've found ways to weave in and out of a few of them, so my walk went from a mile and a half to about 3 miles now, and I do that in about 50 minutes, and I do try to jog/run at certain parts, but my asthma doesn't totally let that just happen. I'm not medicating it anymore... so maybe it'll just go away if I keep pushing myself. The problem is that I don't love pushing myself. :) If Daisy brought me my shoes, it might motivate me more to go! haha

Anyway... Life is good, I'm doing good, I'm still keeping my personal life off of the blog, but for the record, I'm still single... and I've found a few of those "inspirational quotes" lately that says "Yes, I'm single, and you're going to have to be pretty amazing to change that!"

WHICH I totally agree with. I'm not settling anymore. I'm not sacrificing anything to be with someone who is going to drag me down.

Ever since the first of this year, when I resolved to be more positive, I've really seen a difference in not only MY life, but the lives of those around me. I don't have time, room, or energy to devote to anyone or anything negative, so it really just all works to my benefit!

Oh, and I've got an about.me profile, so you can pretty much stalk me wherever you want... My favorites right now are instagram and pinterest. :) BUT I also have a link to my mormon.org page. A friend of mine had his linked to his facebook, and I read it, and I was moved... moved to the point of creating my own. I've never really made it public or shared it anywhere yet... but I guess that's what the blog is for... bless your hearts for still even reading it!

But life is good, and it's only getting better from here! Love y'all! :)

2 comments:

heather said...

love this post :) love the positivity and that you're going to the temple :) ryan and i went to the SD one for the first time last week, and loved it :) good luck on your journey there :)

The Muaina's said...

Great post! Made me smile!

Love you!